Our History

Our History

On October 27, 1963, a small group met for the first service of Pineda United Church of Christ (UCC). They met in the home of Sidney Bice. Shortly thereafter, the name was changed to Eau Gallie UCC. On February 16, 1964, the church started meeting in the Auxiliary Room of the West Eau Gallie Fire Department on Aurora Road in Melbourne.

In late 1964, the church purchased property at the corner of Croton Road & Lake Washington Road. A temporary building was constructed by the members. The church used the temporary structure for 15 years because of the decline in Cape Canaveral NASA programs which affected the overall economy of the Melbourne community. Finally, in 1979, a permanent structure was built. This small building was used most recently as the Fellowship Hall and classrooms.

In 1988, Eau Gallie UCC was renamed Crossroads UCC. On the 40th anniversary year of the church, construction was started on a larger building which included the sanctuary, library and offices. Worship began in the new building on January 9, 2005.

2014 marked Crossroads' 50th anniversary.


In June of 2023, Crossroads UCC sold its buildings and property at Croton Road & Lake Washington Road and moved 1/2 mile east to the corner of Lake Washington Road and Stuart Road. We are settled in our new home at 1621 Lake Washington Road, Melbourne, FL which better meets the needs of our congregation.


Although there have been many physical changes to our church, our heart remains the same. "Love God, Love your neighbor."


Share by: